So the pdf of the 1st Draft is compiled and about to go out to backers, a little later than expected. That’s because as well as doing one last self-edit, I took it as an opportunity to make some last-minute changes.
- Hero points are now called Fortune.
- Improvement points are now Growth (points)
- Improving Characters now Growing Characters and re-written and expanded.
- Battle Magic renamed Personal Magic
All the Paths of Magic have an Immortality End Game
- Personal Magic: Shamans become Great Spirits and move into the Spirit World. Wises become One with the Land.
- Divine Magic: Priests and Holy Warriors, Ascend into the Houses of Holy either as Ascended Guardians, who become part of the Pantheon that they worship or as an independent deity.
- Sorcery: The Magus Transcends the very limits of mortality through their knowledge of the Laws of Magic, becoming beings of pure magical energy.
One of the first set of stretch goals (1-3) was an improvement of the graphic design of the main rulebook.
Part of that money has been spent on this logo, which John Ossoway designed for me some time ago and has been left unused UNTIL NOW.
So here’s OQ’s new logo which will grace not just the main rulebook but all the books of the game line 🙂
Well, the Kickstarter ended just after breakfast this morning, and 545 backers have funded all 12 stretch goals. Maximum thanks to all the backers 🙂
This is what the campaign has achieved:
- Stretch goals 1-3 More art and enhanced graphic design for the main rulebook.
- Stretch Goal 4 The Whispering Warrior Quickstart Rules/Adventure
- Stretch Goal 5 An OpenQuest OGL SRD that will be hosted here.
- Stretch Goal 6 The Saga of the Savage North, an adventure/setting book.
- Stretch Goal 7 The Clockwork Palace, an adventure/setting book.
- Stretch Goal 8 The OpenQuest Companion, a compendium of alternate rules and guidance.
- Stretch Goal 9 OpenQuest Dungeons, a collection of adventures, with a mini-setting, and rules guidance.
- Stretch Goal 10 Support for a Virtual Table Top.
- Stretch Goal 11 The Four Emperors Preview Adventure.
- Stretch Goal 12 OpenQuest Patrons choose OpenQuest Next (the next OQ powered project) everyone gets 1st draft in pdf.
- As a thank you to the generosity of the backers and the Master of Ducks (a unique special high tier reward that has been claimed), The Book of Ducks (Working Title), a culture book including character options, culture details, a mini-setting and an adventure.
- There is a new reward for OQ Patrons and add-on for all other backers, called The Book of Patrons (a working title) a collection of 25 NPC + rules for patronage.
The main rulebook is due to be released early in 2021, with the rest of the stretch goals being delivered throughout 2021.
Follow this blog for progress on the main OpenQuest Rulebook (which is phase 1) and delivery of the various stretch goals (phase 2).